Hers’s another great week for Mindful Monday – Healthy Living!. Feeling healthy, energetic and enthusiastic !!!
Last week : I am glad to take my Health Pledge this year. I did my Yoga and Meditation on all week days. I walked for 1 hour totally during this week. I continued my Metta Meditation practice. I’m continuing my eye exercises. Feeling better now. I was very much delighted to practice Mindful Eating.
To add to my mindfulness practice, this week I started to practice Mindful Detachment – mind fully detaching myself from most lovable actions or things. I hope it would help me to reduce my anxiety and love to actions or things and aids me to get attached with the almighty. As a first step of it, this week, on all days, I slept without my hug pillows. I love my hug pillows more. By this practice of Mindful Detachment I was able to drop out my bonding to it. Every bonding of ours with any actions or things would certainly restrict us from moving to the higher level of Self Realization. Still I have to get deep into this …..
Namaskar – Giving Myself As An Offering
In this post, I would like to share the happy feeling of doing Namaskar – Simplest Form of Yoga – Giving Myself As An Offering. In Indian tradition, usually Namaskar was done as greeting to elder and praying to God.
“ The simplest form of yoga is Namaskar. Put your hands together and unite the polarities within and without.”
I do spend nearly 50 minutes daily in Namaskar during various times of my prayers and others. Simple steps for Namaskar :
- Put your hands together with your palms joined.
- Keep your hands in this pose just near to your chest.
- Remain in this pose for 30 seconds or more as you wish.
- Breath slowly.
My Insights of Namaskar Practice
- Helps me for deeper level of physical relaxation.
- Keeps me balanced.
- Helps to control my thoughts.
- Relieves me from stress and anxiety.
- Improved my relationships.
- Makes me more emphatic.
- Giving myself as an offering to GOD.
- What is the Meaning of Namaskar or Namaste?
- Namaskar – The Simplest Form of Yoga
- Here’s why people all over the world are practicing Namaskar Yoga
Share your health hacks with us……. Please feel free to join our health journey…..
Posted submitted for #MondayMusings & #Mindful Monday – Healthy Living
2580total visits,1visits today