Welcome to the fourth day of 7 Everyday Practices For Mindful Moms.
Being mindful is very much essential in this modern tech world. We are being pulled into the gadgets, lacking connectivity with real world and suffering from depression and diseases. And mindfulness has a promising way to help us out of this unending maze.
How was your mindfulness practices? Do you feel this series helps you for being mindful? Would you like to recommend this series to your friends? Do you love your body? Are you suffering from any pain or diseases?
During my Retina Detachment Surgery, I was much affected by post surgery trauma. You could imagine how painful it would be on getting vision loss at a very young age of 36. So I was totally spoiled by depression and self pity, that made me to attempt suicides.
You may like: This Is Me ….. #FridayReflections
Later with the advice of my family doctor, I was able to celebrate myself and my disabilities happily as an ISHA member. Practicing simple mindfulness for my body made a magical breakthrough on my eye condition. And now I could feel happy that, though my eyesight has not improved much, it had not also worsen much.
Everyday after my meditation, I do simple eye exercises. I usually keep the palms covering my eyes and try to look ito the darkness for some time. I will also repeat to say, my eyes are healthy, it could see clearly and my vision is so good. And I keep on repeating this personal affirmation through out the day. Really it worked into wonders for me.
Some proven benefits of how mindfulness on body helped me in my life:
- Able to accept my physical limitations and go with it. I’m now OK with my high myopia and 80% vision loss in my left eye.
- Able to love my body and myself.
- Able to understand certain things can not be changed and nothing could be done for that.
- Able to recover from my Post Retinal Detachment Surgery Depression and Trauma.
- Able to be appreciate my body without any discomfort.
- Able to keep myself physically and mentally fit.
- Able to understand that my high myopia is no more a curse.
- Able to educate my son about the importance of eye sight and and make him to keep up with his periodical eye checkups.
Day 4 – Be Mindful For Your Body
Your physical fitness is more essential as your mental fitness. Physical fitness plays an important role in your mindfulness. Without paying attention to your body, you can not become mindful. Once in a while you have to notice what is happening in your body. Body Scan Meditation (Mindfulness of the body meditation) are great way to bring your focus on your body and bless your body parts.
Time Needed: 10 to 15 minutes.
Frequency: Thrice in a week.
Simple Script For Body Scan Meditation:
- Sit comfortably or lie down. Feel relaxed.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Feel your belly while you inhale and exhale.Take 5 deep breaths.
- Gently scan your body, from your toes to the tip of your head.
- Notice any parts of your body that’s holding tension or having any pains.
- Try to breathe into those parts, allowing them to soften and relax.
- Feel the discomfort present on that part getting released and feel the relaxation on it.
- When your mind wanders, observe gently and bring back your focus to the body part without judging yourself.
- Repeat these steps for the whole body, focusing your attention to one part at a moment.
- Take 5 deep breaths and rest for a while.
One Mind Dharma – Body Scan Meditation
This is a guided meditation on mindfulness of the body. It starts with a brief body scan, and opens up to the body as a whole, investigating experience in the physical body.
Useful Web Links:
- Learn more about mindfulness in this FREE seven-day course, Mindfulness 101!
Mindful Me Moments (MMM):
Read about my mindfulness practices:
- Namaskar – Giving Myself As An Offering – #MondayMusings
- Feel Your Feelings – #MondayMusings
- Well Spent Week – Connected With Universe – #MondayMusings
Practice yourself some Mindful Me Moments and let us meet tomorrow. Until then repeat this “I am beautiful just the way I am”.
[ctt template=”8″ link=”6fS59″ via=”yes” ]\”I am beautiful just the way I am\”. – Vasantha Vivek[/ctt]
If you have not downloaded Mindfulness Planner yet, you can download here.
Theme : Seven