Welcome to A To Z On Mindfulness For Newbies
The fifteenth letter to be explored in A To Z on Mindfulness For Newbies is O. O is for Om Chanting.
Om, pronounced “Aum,” represents the threefold division of time (waking state, dreaming state, and deep sleep). It is the sound of creation, the first sound of the universe representing all that is in creation. Om also represents God, Source, or Universal Consciousness. It also depicts the past, the present, and the future.
“Om is the sacred name of that indescribable One. This word is the holiest of all words. He who knows the secret of this word receives that which he desires.”
– Swami Vivekananda
Om is sacred and resonates high spiritual energy. It connects us to all living creatures in the world. This is the highest sacred symbol in Hinduism. It represents both finite as well as infinite. This one syllable contains everything from Vedas. It is the representation of the Hindu trinity Brahma, Vishnu and Siva.
The Vibrations of OM are not only beneficial for the one who is chanting but for every one who is listening. It creates a positive environment.
Significant Benefits Of Om Chanting
- Chanting of Om improves concentration, mental alertness, and focus.
- It can instantly calm the brain and reduce the stress.
- Regularly chanting for 10-15 mins a day can boost immunity, lower blood pressure and regulate hormonal imbalances.
- It purifies and cleanses the environment around you.
- Works on emotions and helps remove negativity.
- Increases lung functions.
- It cleanses your aura, provides you a deep relaxation, removes the toxin from your body.
- Gives you better immunity and self-healing power.
- It strengths your vocal cords and the muscles around it.
- Regular chanting will take you on a spiritual journey to greater happiness and positivity, but only if it is done daily.
- When it is chanted in a group, the effects are amplified and this will produce immense positive vibrations which charge up the entire surroundings.
- It is said that rubbing your hands together while chanting and putting those charged hands on different parts of body heals or activates those body parts. If those energy charged hands are put on your eyes, your eyesight will start improving.
- It gives indescribable joy which leads from darkness to light.
How to do OM chanting Meditation?
- Find a quiet place. Sit comfortably in a cross-legged position on the floor/bed or sit on the chair with an upright posture.
- Keep your hands on your knees with palms facing the sky and let the thumb and index finger touch.
- Close your eyes. Before starting chanting take three deep breaths.
- Now start chanting Om. As you chant OM, feel the energy rising from lower part of the body to the top. As you recite ‘mmmmm’ feel the tension of the top of the head leaving your body.
- With each chant, you will feel lighter and lighter.
Morning meditation is the best way to start but you can do it any time anywhere. Chant Om silently. Chant at least for 21 times daily.
Other words to explore
Mindfulness Challenge For The Day
Chant with OM 21 times daily.
Chant, Feel, Vibrate
If you like this post, spread the love by reading, liking, commenting and sharing the posts every day with the hashtag #StayMindfulWithMSN.
What mediation do you love? How do you practice mantras every day? Share your views with us …
” I am taking the Challenge of April with Blogchatter, are you? “
Liked my post?
Share your blog love by Shares, Tweets, Pins and Stumbling !!!
Would love to grab our Mindful Eating Freebie and to receive our free monthly newsletters ???
Are you interested to take our “Free 5 Days ECourse on Be Mindful With MSN” ???
Featured and Pinnable image courtesy: Canva