Welcome to A To Z On Mindfulness For Newbies
The fifth letter to be explored in A To Z on Mindfulness For Newbies is E. E is for Mindful Eating.
When mindfulness applied to eating, you will give the necessary to notice how your food is affecting your body; You can make your eating a more enjoyable experience with mindfulness! And its high time to cultivate the behavior of healthy living habits. Today, as you eat, be aware of what you are eating, how you are eating, and why you are eating.
“When we taste with attention, even the simplest foods provide a universe of sensory experience.”
– Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindful Eating is, you stop and give the majority of your thoughts and time to the actual act of eating. It requires time to stop, savor and purposefully eat. Mindful Eating is building habits to make decisions about when to eat, what to eat, why to eat, where to eat and how much to eat.
Mindful Eating is building habits to make decisions about when to eat, what to eat, why to eat, where to eat and how much to eat.
How To Practice Mindful Eating
- Eat in a calm and healthy place.
- Never eat when you’re upset or angry.
- Eat only when you are hungry.
- Pray before eating.
- Thank The Almighty God, the person who prepared food, the universe and bless them all with your kindness.
- Don’t ever rush to eat your food once it is placed on your plate. Wait few minutes enjoying the smell, texture, color, and appearance of the food.
- Then always eat slowly savoring the smell, texture, taste, and color of your food.
- Enjoy every bite of your food mindfully.
- Don’t eat too much or too low.
- Sit quietly for a few minutes after your meal.
- Eat with your family at least one time in a day.
- Eat more healthy, homemade, organic foods.
Other words to explore
Embrace, Explore, Enjoy
Mindfulness Challenge For The Day
1.Take your favorite chocolate. Before you start eating it, sit comfortably and take few deep breaths.
2. Take a moment to appreciate the chocolate: how you got this, what color and flavor is this, what ingredients does it have and why you need to taste it?
3. Pause to notice your feelings. Are you feeling excited, nervous, or bored to wait?
4. Slowly unwrap the chocolate and take a minute explore it with your eyes, nose, and hands. Look at it closely, smell it, touch it and feel it.
5. Now slowly take a bit of it. Don’t sallow it directly. Instead, chew slowly and gently by savoring the taste and texture of it.
6. Continue the same for the full chocolate. Sit back and recall your feelings and experience about this Mindful Eating.
P.S: You can replace Chocolate with your favorite. It can be anything like Apple, Cucumber or Ice Cream.
Explore, Eat, Enjoy
Take an interesting Mindful Eating Pledge here.
Download the pdf version of this post here.
If you like this post, spread the love by reading, liking, commenting and sharing the posts every day with the hashtag #StayMindfulWithMSN.
How do you eat every day?Have you ever thought of Mindful Eating? What ‘s your opinion about this?
Do share with me…
” I am taking the Challenge of April with Blogchatter, are you? “
Liked my post?
Share your blog love by Shares, Tweets, Pins and Stumbling !!!
Would love to read my latest posts and to receive our free monthly newsletter ???
Are you interested to take our “Free 5 Days ECourse on Be Mindful With MSN” ???
Featured and Pinnable image courtesy: Canva
5371total visits,4visits today