Welcome to the second day of 7 Everyday Practices For Mindful Moms.
Hope you moms are doing great. Have you ever noticed your breath? When was the last time you had a star watching night with your kids? What’s your idea about being mindful?
[ctt template=”8″ link=”e1gaN” via=”no” ]Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.[/ctt]
Some myths and facts about Being Mindful or Mindfulness:
Myth #1: Mindfulness need space and extra cozy items.
Fact: It can be practiced anywhere with anything you have.
Myth #2: Mindfulness need to be practiced on specific time.
Fact: It can be practiced anytime through out the day.
Myth #3: Mindfulness means to be lazy not doing anything.
Fact: It’s being active and being more aware about the present, body, emotions, surroundings and all.
Myth #4: Mindfulness can be practiced only with the help of Mindful Masters.
Fact: It needs no mastery and you can do it by yourself.
Myth #5: Mindfulness is related to certain religion.
Fact: It’s related to mankind only and not with any particular religion.
Myth #6: Mindfulness needs to know yoga and meditation.
Fact: It needs only learning of how to be aware about the present moment.
Myth #7: Mindfulness is about focusing or concentration.
Fact: It’s about being aware that your mind is wandering and bringing back to focus.
Myth #8: Mindfulness will solve all my problems and sufferings.
Fact: It can help you to make wise decisions and to find optimal solutions to your problems by giving you a clear perspective.
And I’ve been practicing mindfulness for over 2 years. It had helped me enriching my life. So I thought of sharing my personal experiences on practicing mindfulness with you through five simple practices.
Day 2 – Be Mindful For The Day
- Wake up early: When you wake up early, you will find more time to be productive through out the day. When You get up from your bed, have five to six deep breaths. Smile and thank God for another beautiful day. Bless all to be happy on that day.
- Personal Tip: I usually wake up at 4.30 am daily. Once I get up, I do simple exercises for hand and legs. Then I focus on my breath and count 3 to 5 breaths. After that, I will open my eyes and see my palms while thanking the god for the blessings of happiness for the day.
- Start with simple prayer: Always start your day with a prayer and offering to God. It will make you strong and compassionate at the same time. Prayers help you to surrender to the almighty with complete consciousness.
- Personal Tip: The first thing I prefer to do during my mindful mornings is prayer. I will light a lamp and some agarbhathis. Also I will play some devotional songs from any TV channels. The melodious music and the pleasant aroma will take you to some wonderland for sure.
- Take mindful breaks: In between your busy day and hectic schedule, please take time to pause. Pause to your actions, pause to your emotions, pause to your anxiety, pause to your hurry. During this mindful breaks, you can watch the trees outside, you can remain in silence, you can watch your body and simply be present in the moment.
- Personal Tips: I practice two mindful breaks during my busy day – one in the morning and one in the evening. These mindful breaks helps me a lot to relax myself and to remain stress free for the remaining day.
- Use anything and be mindful on each activity: Enjoy every action you do in a day with full attention to its sound, nature, texture and all. You can take a deep breath whenever you hear your calling bell ringing, you can mindfully drink water every two hours and so on. You can decide your own action that aids for your mindfulness.
- Personal tip: I enjoy cooking for my family by feeling the texture of rice, vegetables and other cooking items. I really enjoy the aroma of tasty food while cooking. Bless my family members to be happy, healthy and to take the full benefits of this meal.
- Before goodnight sleep: Have your own preferred pattern of things to indulge yourself on deep and calm sleep. You can read a book, listen to music, tell bedtime stories to your kids before your sleep. Take 4 to 5 deep breaths. And don’t forget to thank God for all goodness you had in that day.
- Personal tip: We usually prefer bedtime stories when my son was young. Now I prefer to read a good book at least for half an hour before my sleep. Then I do some simple exercises for my eyes and thank God before my sleep. While lying on my bed, I will practice Loving Kindness Meditation daily.
Practice these simple steps and let us meet tomorrow. And if have not downloaded Mindfulness Planner earlier, then you can download here.
Do you believe in mindfulness??? What mindfulness practices do you have??? Please share with us …..
Theme : Seven