We are lacking rain and farmers are dying due to drought. Many rivers beds have turned into playgrounds. It’s really heart breaking and painful. This was making me to loss sleep everyday.
And I want to personally support “Saving India’s Lifeline – #RallyForRivers” campaign by Sadhguru and ISHA Foundation.
Our Rivers Are Dying
India’s rivers are undergoing a drastic change. Due to the pressures of population and development, our perennial rivers are becoming seasonal. Many of the smaller rivers have already vanished. Flood as well as drought are becoming increasingly frequent as rivers turn unruly during the monsoon, and vanish once the rainy season is over.
How This Affects Us
- Estimates say 65% of our water needs are met by rivers.
- 2 out of 3 major Indian cities already deal with daily water shortage. Many urban residents pay ten times the normal amount for a can of water.
- We consume water not just to drink or for domestic purposes. 80% of water is used to grow our food. Each person’s average water requirement is 1.1 million liters a year.
- Flood, drought and rivers turning seasonal are increasingly leading to crop failure across the country.
- Climate change is expected to cause worse floods and droughts within the next 25-50 years. During the monsoon, rivers will flood. The rest of the year, drought will follow. These trends are already beginning.
Saving India’s Lifeline – #RallyForRivers
” This is not a protest. This is not an agitation. This is a campaign to raise awareness that our rivers are depleting. Everyone who consumes water must Rally For Rivers.”
Rally for Rivers is a nationwide awareness campaign to revive our rivers. Conceived by Sadhguru, the campaign has been taken up by every section of society across the nation. But this campaign can be a success only if youth lead from the front. Rally for Rivers and Kokuyo Camlin have joined hands to encourage schoolchildren to participate in this campaign, and help spread awareness about reviving our rivers.
Info Source: isha.sadhguru.org
My Support for Saving India’s Lifeline – #RallyForRivers
- I have pledged my support for #RallyForRivers here.
- I have voted to save our rivers by a missed call to 80009 80009.
- I have followed Facebook and Twitter pages for #RallyForRivers.
- I have posted and tweeted my support for #RallyForRivers on all my social media accounts.
- I have invited my friends and family to join the #RallyForRivers campaign through mail, WhatApp, Facebook groups, Twitter chats, Insta Stories and this blog post.
- Encouraged my son, Mithu to design the poster for #RallyForRivers. Thanks much dear.
- I have decided to wear Blue dress on September 1st, 2017 and to spread awareness for #RallyForRivers. Thanks to my hubby for supporting all my deeds.
- Thanks my friend Shreemayee to join with me on September 1st, 2017.
Are you aware about #RallyForRivers earlier? What’s your opinion about this campaign? How are you supporting this?
This month, I will be posting for #MyFriendAlexa – India’s first and World’s Second only blogging event using Alexa Rank and associated tools.
This is my Ist post for #MyFriendAlexa Season 2. And I am taking my Alexa Rank to the next level with Blogchatter.
Current Alexa Rating
Writing Challenges You May Like To Read