Have you ever wondered why some people suffer even if they do good? Have you noticed the pattern in some happenings in your life? What was your previous birth – cow, snake, eagle, worm or king? Have you ever thought about your rebirth? Do you know 10 births of Hindu God Vishnu? Do you believe you can get out of this cycle?
Karma is a core concept in the Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism, although their specific views on karma vary. As an Indian and Hindu, I strongly believe in Karma and Reincarnation.
Reincarnation is the philosophical or religious concept that the soul or spirit, after biological death, can begin a new life in a new body. Hindu gods are said to have reincarnated ( Avatar): Lord Vishnu is known for his ten incarnations, the Dashavatars.
Karma is the executed “deed”, “work”, “action”, or “act”, and it is also the “object”, the “intent”.
The entire universal process that gives rise to the cycle of death and rebirth, governed by karma, is referred to as Samsara.
Swami Sivananda Saraswati puts it like this:
“Some people die when they are eighty years old; some die when they are in the womb; some die at twenty; some at forty. What is the cause for the variation? Who has fixed the span of life for all? This clearly proves that there is the theory of Karma, that there is one Omniscient Lord, who is the dispenser of the fruits of the actions of the Jivas, who fixes the span of life of the Jivas in accordance with their nature of Karma or actions, who knows the exact relation between Karmas and their fruits.
Why I Believe :
- It’s a kind of action and reaction principle. Related with Newton’s Law.
- Doing good is always good.
- Some places and incidents tend to have seen or occurred already in our life.
- I accept there is one Supreme Power – GOD.
- Mukthi or Mosha is the way out to break the cycle.
- Being positive improves mental health, relationship.
- It helps to see the same divine in all living creatures.
- It aids in developing empathy towards others.
- We have the freedom and choice to free ourselves.
- It helps me to happily move on.
Eager to hear your views and opinion too……
For further Reading :
Inspired by The Daily Post – Karma Chameleon.
PS : This is my personal view and not intended to hurt anyone’s beliefs and feelings.