Welcome to A To Z On Mindfulness For Newbies
The thirteenth letter to be explored in A To Z on Mindfulness For Newbies is M. M is for Mini Meditations.
Meditation can be anything that allows you to calm the mind, become more present at the moment, and feel connected to the universe. I use Mini Mediation to take a short break from my day. They are my favorites since I can practice them anywhere, anytime. So they’re my ideal mindfulness exercises whether I’m at my home or in the midst of a busy day at work.
Mini Meditations are simple meditation practices that require no or little preparations, and can be done anywhere, anytime in less than a minute.
They are extremely useful to increase the effectiveness on my regular meditations.
My favorite Mini Meditations
Mini Grounding Meditation: Sit comfortably with your feet on the ground. Take a deep breath in. Feel your body as you inhale. Take a long breath out. Notice your body as you exhale. Follow your breath in and out. Rest your mind on your feet on the ground. Just be aware as you breathe in and breathe out.
Do one thing at a time.Do a single-task, and don’t multi-task. When you’re brushing your teeth, just brush. While you’re eating, just eat. When you’re bathing, just bathe.
Other words to explore
Let Go, Love, Longing
Mindfulness Challenge For The Day
- Put up post-it notes around your house to remind you to be mindful.
- Sit in a comfortable position and become aware of your breath.
- Slowly shift your attention to the sounds that are present around you.
- Don’t search for any sounds. Let them come and fill your ears with simply hearing sounds near and far away.
- Be aware that sounds arise and fade away, and notice if there are any rhythm in the sounds.
- When your mind wanders or fixates on a particular sound, gently return your attention to the flow of sounds occurring in the present moment.
- after some time, shift your attention back to your breathing and sit in silence.
- Then gently open your eyes and remain calm for few more minutes.
When walking, walk.
When eating, eat.
If you like this post, spread the love by reading, liking, commenting and sharing the posts every day with the hashtag #StayMindfulWithMSN.
What mediation do you love? How do you practice mindfulness every day? Share your views with us …
” I am taking the Challenge of April with Blogchatter, are you? “
Liked my post?
Share your blog love by Shares, Tweets, Pins and Stumbling !!!
Would love to grab our Mindful Eating Freebie and to receive our free monthly newsletters ???
Are you interested to take our “Free 5 Days ECourse on Be Mindful With MSN” ???
Featured and Pinnable image courtesy: Canva
6735total visits,7visits today