I am delighted to meet many lovely hearts through “This Mom’s Life” series. Happy to introduce today, my lovely, adorable blogger friend, Rakhi Parsai, Manager Communications & Alliances, FirstCry.com. She also works with the mommy community, “World of Moms”, from the House of FirstCry. She’s an able minded yet remains noble hearted too. She is a blogger at Lifethrumyeyes and a mother of 4-year-old cute pie. She has her MBA in Communication (Specialised in Public Relations).
She considers herself to be the sunshine in the bed of roses who loves to carry little light along with her everywhere and spread laughter around. A mommy to an adorable 4 yr old munchkin, obsessed with reading, loves talking to plants on her mini terrace garden and decorating the house in her free time. Aside of all this, she is a communications professional, blogger and a keen storyteller who thrives on the sunshine and reading as much as possible in a day to be able to come up with stories for her daughter. Two things have always remained constant about her: her passion for storytelling and thirst for acquiring new knowledge, skills, and experience. In all these little over 10 yrs in her career, she rose from being an intern to corporate communication professional, from a mentee to a mentor. Aside of this, she is a dreamer and a bibliophile.Her Hobbies are Reading, Cooking, Gardening, blogging and her interests are Playing Badminton, cooking, trying home-made beauty tips. Join with the enthusiastic follower community of Lifethrumyeyes , if you are not yet. Sure you would enjoy.
I am pleased to have Rakhi as our guest today. More truthful words flow from her heart. Now I hand over the show to her :
- What three words describe you as a mother?
- Encouraging, devoted, Protective. The list is long as being a mother has shown me so many different facets of my personality.
- What’s the parenting rule you never break?
Treating my daughter as an individual and never forcing my choices on her.
- And one rule you do break?
During weekend I let my daughter watch her favourite cartoon to her hearts desire without any interruption.
- How do you spend time off for yourself?
I am a bookaholic and love to read on kindle even if I get a break for 10 minutes between work. I would not mind burning midnight oil to catch up on my favourite title.
- What’s the best part of your day?
6:30 pm in the evening when I pick my daughter from her daycare. That shy smile, glow in her eyes, and a tight hug with a scream mummmaaa… Cant imagine a better way to welcome an evening and to let the tiredness pass.
- What’s your favourite guilty pleasure?
Reading a book at work when I am bored..It’s like a power nap and I feel so refreshed after 15 mins of book reading.
- What five things can always be found in your refrigerator?
Butter, Cheese, Milk, chocolate, Fruits (Truck loads)
- What words describe you as a wife and a mom?
Compassionate, Grounded, Meticulous, unconditional, Welcoming, and simple.
- Do you have a family ritual that you love?
With time flying and my daughter working with a mind of her own there are couple of things which have become a family ritual now. Primary being weekend sleeping till 9 in the morning, buying truck loads of fruits of my daughters choice, getting messy and dirty in our terrace garden with potting of new plants and cleaning the old ones.
10. What are 3 best things you love to teach your child?
- To be brave enough to face the world with head held high
- To be compassionate and love selflessly
- Never lie unless its harmless and benefits someone
- Respect everyone
- Aside of other million things that I would like to teach my child, most importantly I would like her to be a good mind and heart from within.
I thank you, Rakhi for your encouraging and loving answers. Happy to be connected with you.
Enjoy reading This Mom’s Life stories of many other blogger friends too….. 😀 😀 😀
Happy to feature other mommy friends also …… Interested can mail me at email@example.com
1962total visits,5visits today