August is a special month for Indians. We celebrate our Independence Day on this month. So August gets its National Importance also.
August is the eighth month of the year (between July and September) in the Julian and Gregorian calendars and one of seven months with a length of 31 days in the Southern Hemisphere. August is the seasonal equivalent of February in the Northern Hemisphere. Named in honor of Augustus.
- August’s birthstones are the peridot and sardonyx.
- Its birth flower is the gladiolus or poppy, meaning beauty, strengthof character, love, marriage and family.
- The zodiac signs for the month of August are Leo(until August 22) and Virgo (from August 23 onwards).
Some Important Dates of August
- 1 August – International Beer Day
- 14 August – Pakistan’s Independence Day .
- 15 August – India’s Independence Day .
Month Long Observances
- Edinburgh Festival is an internationally famous arts festival that takes place during August
- National Immunization Awareness Month
- National Psoriasis Awareness Month
- National Water Quality Month
- The Philippines celebrates August as the “Month of Philippine Languages”
- In the United States, August is National Back to School month.
- In the United States, August is National Goat Cheese Month.
- American Adventures Month
- Audio Appreciation Month
- Cataract Awareness Month
- Children’s Eye Health and Safety Month
- Children’s Vision and Learning Month
- Happiness Happens Month
- Neurosurgery Outreach Month
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Awareness Month
Aha August; Amazing August !!!
625total visits,7visits today