Holy Name : Sri Sivasailanathar and Sri Paramakalyani Ambal Temple
God : Sri Sivasailanathar, Sri Sailanatha Swamy , Sri Athreeswarar
Goddess : Sri Paramakalyani Ambal
Location :Sivasailam near Alwarkurichi, Tirunelveli District, Tamil Nadu, India
History & Importance :
- Shiva Linga is found with his tresses.
- West facing Shiva temple.
- A Tevara Vaippu Stalam temple.
- A majestic temple covering a large area with so many big idols
- The sages Athri and Bringi worshiped Shiva in this temple. Athri’s ashram is found on top of the hill.
- A large sized Shiva Linga idol named as Sivasailappar is found there. The highlight is that he has tresses. The devotees can view his tresses through holes on the back side of the sanctorum. It is said that it is only west facing Swayambu Linga. It is also said that there are 27 Aavudais (the base of Linga) placed one above the other and the idol is placed on top of 27th Aavudai.
Stala Vruksham (holy tree): Kadamba tree
Benefits: Attains a long and satisfactory life, becomes knowledgeable, get rid of diseases, can attain wealth, can attain salvation, gives long life and the good health of their Husband and child, removes obstacles from life.
409total visits,1visits today