TV, computers, mobiles and video games are part of most children’s every day life. Its true even for adults. But most children watch too much TV. The American Academy of Pediatrics urges parents to limit screen time to no more than 2 hours a day. Instead of TV help kids find activities that promote physical activity that they enjoy.
Quick tips to help you limit your child’s ( And Your’s too ) screen time
- Try to limit overall TV and “screen” time to 2 hours a day.
- Turn the TV off during mealtimes.
- Set a timer to remind kids to take an activity break away from the computer after 20 minutes.
- Teach your kids to set down the remote and get up to change the channel.
- Celebrate National Turn Off Your TV week! Have the family make a list of other activities they can do instead of watching TV.
- Turn off the TV and play some family games.
- Eat at the table since it is easier to talk with each other, rather than in front of the TV.
- Do hip hops or dance during commercial breaks with your kids. Sure, you will enjoy it!!!
93total visits,1visits today