Holy Name : Arulmigu Sri Ramanathaswamy Temple
God : Sri Ramanathaswamy , Sri Ramalingeswarar
Goddess : Sri Malaivalarkaadali, Sri Parvatavartini
Location :Rameswaram , Ramanathapuram District, Tamlnadu, India
History & Importance :
- This Shivastalam is considered to be one of the holiest shrines in India. It represents the southernmost of the 12 Jyoythirlingams of India.
- The statue of Nandi is about 18 feet tall and 22 feet in length.
- Rameswaram is known for its 22 theerthas or wells in and around the main temple. This place is equally sacred to both Vaishnavites and Shaivites.
- The third corridor of Ramanathaswamy temple is the longest one in the world.
- Total pillars in the temple 1212.
- A Pilgrimage To Kashi Is Not Considered Complete Without A Pilgrimage To Rameshwaram
- Thala Virutcham : –
Benefits:Relief from Navagraha Tosha, Naga Thosa, Provides Vivaga Yogam, Victory, Education, health, wealth and prosperity. It is believed that even severe chicken pox will get cured by this Goddess.