Holy Name : Arulmigu Sri Ramanathaswamy Temple
God : Sri Ramanathaswamy , Sri Ramalingeswarar
Goddess : Sri Malaivalarkaadali, Sri Parvatavartini
Location :Rameswaram , Ramanathapuram District, Tamlnadu, India
History & Importance :
- This Shivastalam is considered to be one of the holiest shrines in India. It represents the southernmost of the 12 Jyoythirlingams of India.
- The statue of Nandi is about 18 feet tall and 22 feet in length.
- Rameswaram is known for its 22 theerthas or wells in and around the main temple. This place is equally sacred to both Vaishnavites and Shaivites.
- The third corridor of Ramanathaswamy temple is the longest one in the world.
- Total pillars in the temple 1212.
- A Pilgrimage To Kashi Is Not Considered Complete Without A Pilgrimage To Rameshwaram
- Thala Virutcham : –
Benefits:Relief from Navagraha Tosha, Naga Thosa, Provides Vivaga Yogam, Victory, Education, health, wealth and prosperity. It is believed that even severe chicken pox will get cured by this Goddess.
175total visits,2visits today