Holy Name : Kulasai Sri Mutharamman Temple
God : Sri Nganamoorthiswarar
Goddess : Sri Muththaramman
Location : Kulasekhara pattinam village near Tiruchendur, Tuticorin District, Tamlnadu, India
History & Importance :
- Goddess Muththaramman and Swami Nganamoorthiswarar vigraham are installed combined together. Such a combined vigraham is not found elsewhere.
- In the Garbagraha, Swami and Goddess shower their blessings to the devotees as Swayambu Murthigal.
- The temple is nearly 250years old.
- The Dasserah festival is Very famous festival celebrated in this temple. During this 10-day festival celebration, more than 3 lakh people gather here. Folk dance artists from all over Tamil Nadu, perform in a variety of programmes.
- North facing God and Goddess in a single peedam ( platform ) is very rare which is not found in any other temples of Tamilnadu.
Thala Virutcham : Neem – Vembu in Tamil
Benefits:Relief from Navagraha Tosha, Naga Thosa, Provides Vivaga Yogam, Victory, Education, health, wealth and prosperity. It is believed that even severe chicken pox will get cured by this Goddess.