Holy Name : Kulasai Sri Mutharamman Temple
God : Sri Nganamoorthiswarar
Goddess : Sri Muththaramman
Location : Kulasekhara pattinam village near Tiruchendur, Tuticorin District, Tamlnadu, India
History & Importance :
- Goddess Muththaramman and Swami Nganamoorthiswarar vigraham are installed combined together. Such a combined vigraham is not found elsewhere.
- In the Garbagraha, Swami and Goddess shower their blessings to the devotees as Swayambu Murthigal.
- The temple is nearly 250years old.
- The Dasserah festival is Very famous festival celebrated in this temple. During this 10-day festival celebration, more than 3 lakh people gather here. Folk dance artists from all over Tamil Nadu, perform in a variety of programmes.
- North facing God and Goddess in a single peedam ( platform ) is very rare which is not found in any other temples of Tamilnadu.
Thala Virutcham : Neem – Vembu in Tamil
Benefits:Relief from Navagraha Tosha, Naga Thosa, Provides Vivaga Yogam, Victory, Education, health, wealth and prosperity. It is believed that even severe chicken pox will get cured by this Goddess.
408total visits,1visits today