Holy Name : Arulmigu Karpaka Vinayakar Temple
God : Sri Karpaka Vinayakar ( Lord Ganeaha )
Goddess : —
Location : Thirupathur, Sivagangai District, Tamlnadu, India
History & Importance :
Pillaiyar (Vinayagar), the God of Victory is the main deity here in the name, Karpaga Vinayagar
This temple is the only one in Tamil Nadu which contains a 6 feet rock-cut Pillaiyar idol. The Thumbikai of Lord Pillaiyar is curled towards his right side and so the God is also known as Valampuri Pillaiyar.
- It is the holy birthplace of Lord Vinayaga
- Lord Karpaga Vinayagar is seated facing northern side.
- There are deities in this temple such as goddess Karthiyayini (who arrange marriages), Nagalingam (who gifts offspring), Pasupatheeswarar (who showers all wealth).
- Vinayagar Chathurthi is this temple’s most important festival. It is 10 days long.
- Devotees who observe Chathurthi Fast for a year come to Pillaiyarpatti on Avani Sukkilaptcha Chathurthi day (Festival) and fulfills it.
- There is one Pillayar painting, in which Pillayar’s eyes will look at us wherever we stand.
Benefits: Relief from Navagraha Tosha, Provides health, wealth and prosperity.
Photo & Information Courtesy: